Are you looking to expand yourself as a professional editor?
Our ever-growing Dynamic team is searching for a talented Video Editor that will help us to continue delivering creative and compelling video experiences to our clients. This is an intermediate-level position that allows you to grow as an editor while playing a critical role at our digital agency.
Celebrating our 15th year, Dynamic offers the perfect blend of startup culture and the creative challenge of working with international brands.
Our team operates through collaborative sessions where all ideas are welcome in order to best execute large video projects, web design projects, digital and print campaigns, and brand identity. While teamwork is a big part of our culture, we always encourage independent efforts and your overall enjoyment and understanding of the bigger strategy that surrounds your work and how your role contributes to our overall success. You’re sure to feel right at home with our small-city, big-agency vibe.
Dynamic is currently working in a hybrid remote and in-person schedule. This position will require time in-office, meeting in person with clients, and time working remotely.
About the Position
We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting. Also, the ideal candidate will have the ability to create eye-catching short snippets in a fast turnaround time frame. Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Abilities to coordinate with the marketing team
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g., DaVinci Resolve, Premiere, After Effects, and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- Ability to self-start, manage time and work under tight deadlines
- A background of working as part of a design team
- Ability to withstand an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, remain calm under pressure, and maintain a positive, can-do attitude
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Keen attention to detail, file organization, and execution in craft
- Be open-minded, willing to try new things, and have the curiosity needed to evolve your talents constantly
- Ability to take creative direction, client feedback and implement across a range of deliverables
- Ensure final productions are visually appealing and on-brand
Experience And Education
- Associate / Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1-3 years of design as part of an ad agency, production house, or in-house team
Nice to Have
- Experience with creating motion graphics and VFX
- Experience with photography production
Compensation & Benefits
This is a salaried position, compensation will be based on experience.
Our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and plenty of paid vacation and personal time. Employees are also offered a health care plan including health, dental, vision, life, and disability, as well as a simple IRA with employer matching. We also enjoy a company culture of continuous learning, passion for quality, social responsibility, and frequent pot lucks.
Know someone that might be interested in this position? Share it with them!